Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: The day has come!

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Can't decide which is better, as they're two seperate styles, but they're both fucking awesome, Xenosaga's definetly my favorite realistic graphics

  2. #42
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, indeed Xenosaga graphics are cool. I'd like to model something like Kosmos, or the AGWS's

  3. #43
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, to be honest, i prefer the graphics of the N64 Zeldas, but i never put a game down by it's graphics. WW, i'm sure, will be an amazing game (with good or bad graphics). Metal Gear Solid did it. Tenchu did it. Jet Set Radio did it. Hell, a lot of games did it. You shouldn't really look at games like, "Damn, that looks shit, must be a shit game then for little kids."

    BTW, have you guys seen Zone of the Enders: The Second Running(or something)? I have to tell you, it's one of the best looking games i've ever seen. And! It's for the PS2. And!! It's cel-shaded. Sadly, i haven't found any screenshots of it online, i've only seen videos of it. Keep an eye out for it.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YEAH! i've seen images of it!... here!

    Konami Official site

    It is a game i'm looking forward to to get If i ever get me a PS2, i'll get me Xenosaga and ZOE 2nd Runner as soon as possible.

    For instance, the animation director, Nobuyoshi Nishimura is who did the designs and the animation cutscenes of Xenogears.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who said that Cell Shaded graphics looked Kiddish?

    ZOE 2nd runner pic 1

    ZOE 2nd runner pic 2

    Those are Cell Shaded graphics! (with millions of explosions... sorry...)

  6. #46
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw people, now be serious... are you saying those graphics are great? I don't consider them even very good! Nice effects (still not as good as other PS2 games) but...

    1. No artistic value
    2. Low complexity
    3. Low polygon models!
    4. Resolution SUCKS ASS
    5. cel-shading

    C'mon, games like Shenmue or Xenosaga beat the crap out of this game visuals!

    JMHO

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I quote Penny Arcade:

    But seriously, these guys think that Zelda is a game for kids. Well only KIDS would care that a game looks like it is for kids. It's like when you are 14 and your mom wants to get a picture of you on the merry go round with your little sister but you don't want to get on because it's for kids. Eventually you grow out of that phase and you can appreciate just having fun whether it be on the back of an undulating wooden horse or in front of a cell shaded video game.

    "It just happens that I think that the way that they implemented the technique for Wind Waker makes it look like ass. It's just personal taste"

    I agree with you 100%, it IS personal taste. What I am saying is you have bad taste. This could be due to the fact that you are simply too young to appreciate it or maybe you are just dumb.

    What gives you the right to call people's opinions stupid and wrong? They're called opinions for a reason.

    I am sick of hippies trying to tell me that someone's Opinion can't be wrong because it's thier OPINION. That's bullshit, plenty of Opinions are wrong. Hey, it's my OPINION that dogs have eight legs and make a sound like a car horn every time they take a piss. If I told you that, would you say, "Okay Gabe I respect your opinion, maybe they do have eight legs." or would you call me an idiot? Yeah, that's what I thought. You are welcome to have your opinion that Link looks like ass but I am letting you know that the character designs are technically very well done. You can still not like them but that does not mean that they aren't technically well executed and artistically sound


    I took a "History of Film" class once and the professor started out by saying that he didn't want to hear that we didn't like any of the movies he was going to show. "These movies are all great," he said. "If you don't like them, you are wrong. Quite frankly, if you think that the 'Mona Lisa' is a bad painting, it says more about you than it does about Da Vinci's skill as a painter."


    Gabe's my hero [img]smile.gif[/img]

    (BTW, this was pretty much just a series of Gabes posts at PA: http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2003-03-21)


    I hate to say it, but everytime you post about cel shaded games you sound more and more like a typical FF/Sony fanboy who won't give games a chance because the graphics aren't realistic. And from what I hear, celshaded graphics are more difficult to create than realistic graphics, I'll have ta check into that.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 07, 2003 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  8. #48
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can say the same I said earlier: what if I just DON'T FUCKING LIKE THE KIDDIE STYLE, like I could hate gothic or Japanese? I find it dumb and shallow, not my kind.

    I agree 100% with his comments on opinions, that's really smart. And under that criteria, I say that noone can say Z:WW has great graphics, compared to the ultra-detailed, realistic Shenmue II graphics with effectively superior rendering techniques, more textures, more fine details, more colors, and more artistic value.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    But like i've said, it's not kiddie! Kiddie is barney games! Just because the graphics are simpler doesn't make em kiddie! The graphics are amzing in action, even though the vids and screen shots you've seen look like shit (which is what in thought prior to getting the game)

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Daigotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Although it wouldn't stop me from buying the game I do think it does look a bit kiddie, and I have played it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •